Thursday 11 February 2010

Long Live McQeen.

I still remember the first time i laid eyes on McQueen's wondrously delicious wearable art! I was 16 years old, and had been forced by my Art teacher to find an artist that i liked. Having nil interest in any sort of painting at this point, and having been bared from doing any more work on photographers i decided to branch out and search my future passion, Fashion designers. Straight away i was drawn to a young English designer, Alexander McQueen. With his delightful ethereal feel, i fell in love with his costume style big and bold and beautiful dresses.
This dress is the reason i am now studying fashion design, and completely obsessed with fashion.

To know that i shall never again be shocked, appalled, delighted, brought to my knees by a McQueen show saddens me. I shall never have the chance to watch him work, never learn under his hand, and never walk up to him at a party and admit my un-worthiness. I predict his work to live on in museum's and gallery's world wide for a very very long time, he defined a very big part of 20th century fashion.
Long Live McQueen.

No comments:

Post a Comment